Tuesday, March 10, 2009

dobu nesumi... mitaiiii

I have been meaning to start this for a long time. Since I left Melbourne.I guess it's a combination of being lazy and not feeling very creative that's stopped me from starting a life as a blogger. I guess if I wait around until I feel creative this thing will never get started, since the grey mush that I feel my brain has turned into rarely has bolts of inspiration anymore. But while I was walking home from work today, listening to Puffy AmiYumi, I remembered the song that this blog was named after and felt egotistical enough that I thought maybe it's time to impose my thoughts onto whoever dares to read... again.



Ah man, that's a great song.

Anyway, I was going to start with our whole journey to Perth etc., but I really can't be stuffed right now. So here are some things I am looking forward to when we go back to Melbourne:

- seeing friends and family (obvious, but should be mentioned)
- having coffee made by Liz at Eurodore in Port Melbourne
- having some sickly sweet Castro's coffee (accompanied by Mr. Lobov)
- maybe dropping in on Joe at Switchboard and getting him to make me some coffee
- doing things on a Sunday
- going out in jeans and thongs and not feeling like a social outcast

What I would really love is some of this:



(not actually the MSTRKRFT show i was at, but we were well and truly involved in the next video)

or this:



In other words, some really trashy good times that don't involve being confronted by a wall of skinny girls in teeensy tiny dresses. Honestly, if anyone thought Prince was bad, Perth would blow their minds. It makes me feel like an old woman, tutting about how much time they must spend getting ready and how much precious cashola they must be spending on their threads. It's a shame they're not even nice threads. And what's the shamest is that now I feel as if maybe I should buy some just to fit in.

Argh, I can't even work out how to change the font in this blog. Pathetic.

1 comment:

ba_ba_ed_sheep said...

Two things.
Firstly, that Rinda Rinda band is easily the most rock and roll thing EVER!
Second, don't shop at Supre. Just print "I'm from Melbourne" on all your T-shirts so that the dirty skanks know to venerate you.
I wish I could come drink coffee with you in Melbourne! It's only my second day here and I miss coffee, which is odd, because this is where coffee comes from. Chris brought home some coffee from PNG, and that was rubbish too. Something is very wrong in the world of caffeine trading.